Guide to Healing with Gemstones and Crystals
The Meaning of ONYX “The Stone of Self Mastery and Self Control "
INTENTION: SELF-CONTROL | DETERMINATION | FOCUS | TENACITY
COLOR: Usually black. Onyx is a banded variety of chalcedony, a cryptocrystalline form of quartz. The colors of its bands range from white to almost every color (not including shades such as purple, blue, or black). Commonly, specimens of onyx contain colors of white, tan, and brown. Sardonyx is a variant in which the colored bands are Sard (shades of red) rather than black.
KEYWORDS FOR BLACK ONYX STONES: Vigor, Strength, Stamina, Constancy, Steadfastness, Permanence, Tenacity, Firmness, Durability, Courage, And Self-Control.
CAREERS ONYX CAN ENHANCE: Especially good in any career where Persistence, Perseverance, Focus, and Determination really pays off such as Entrepreneurs, Inventors, the Arts.
CHAKRA: Attuned to the 1st and 5th Chakras
ASTROLOGICAL: Stone of Leo.
VIBRATES to the Number #6
BLACK ONYX helps you become the Master of your own Fate. Onyx enhances focus, steadfastness and determination, setting one’s mind to a task. It is a great grounding stone, (not as good as yellow Tiger’s Eye, but a contender) Valuable in difficult or confusing times in our lives.
- SPIRITUAL: Excellent stone for initiating the process of centering and alignment of the total person with a Higher Power. It helps us to absorb whatever energy we need from the Universe.
- DEFLECTS NEGATIVITY: Can be used to deflect or absorb the negativity of others, especially their opinion of you and your goals and ideas.
- CALMING: Absorbs and flattens emotional intensity. Helps to smooth out the "Roller Coaster Ride" of emotions.
- DETACHMENT: Reduces un-healthy or obsessive Sexual desires. The ancient Egyptians believe that it could cool the ardors of love and cause arguments between lovers to the point of separation! Use Onyx for self-protection or to keep away or end unhealthy or bothersome emotional entanglements.
- LETTING GO: Extremely helpful to people who are having trouble letting go or releasing the past or attachments and moving on after a relationship has ended, sometimes years past the event.
- CHANGE: Helps release old beliefs and patterns that no longer serve us.
PHYSICAL: Helpful in treating teeth, bones, bone marrow, blood disorders, feet, glaucoma, epilepsy, and cell damage.
FOR PEOPLE IN ANY 12 STEP RECOVERY PROGRAMS
THE ANCIENT MEANINGS OF GEMSTONES INTERPRETED FROM A 12 STEP POINT OF VIEW
12 STEPS TOWARDS SPIRITUAL RECOVERY – TWELVE BEADS TO CELEBRATE THE JOURNEY!
More powerful for people in recovery when combined with Amethyst - The Stone of Sobriety.
FIRST STEP STONE: Determination, self-mastery and self-control. This can be applied in not taking that first drink, or making a commitment to attend meetings on a regular and consistent basis, or call your sponsor every day. Although you are powerless over Alcohol, you are NOT powerless to make the decision to not take that first drink.
Onyx can be used to "repel" bad influences of "people places and things" and help you avoid those relationships that are unhealthy and lead you away from your intended goal of Sobriety.
This includes people that in your life who unconsciously sabotage your success in recovery because they are used to the status quo, chaos, fear change or do not understand the influence of your new found sober friends.
Carry a nugget in your pocket to remind you to keep on track, a stick to your decisions. Become a man or woman of your word.
THIRD STEP STONE: “Made a decision... " An aid and reminder of your decision to not drink today, and that you have made the decision to turn your life over to a Higher Power.
FOURTH STEP STONE AND "Continued to take Inventory" Stone
12 STEPS OF ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS - ADDICTION AND RECOVERY